With modern technology, Stephania tubers are extracted in the form of dried extracts, which greatly increases the content of pharmaceutical substances, bringing many advantages in the use and preparation of health foods. Detailed information and uses of Stephania extract will be discovered through the article below.
1. General introduction of Stephania herbal medicine
1.1. Plant description
– The plant Stephania has the scientific name is Stephania Glabra (Roxb.) Miers belongs to the family Menispermaceae (Menispermaceae) or also known by other names as tuber plants, natural plants or wormwood. Vines are green, smooth, slightly twisted, up to 6m long.
– Leaves are round with rounded edges or triangles, alternate, propeller-shaped veins, slightly wavy edges. Inflorescences grow in a cymbal in the leaf axils. The fruit of the tree is globose, slightly flattened, the color is slightly red. Horseshoe-shaped hard seeds.
– Roots grow into tubers that can weigh up to 50kg is the main part used and prepared into medicines in Oriental medicine. The rough outer bark is dark brown. Stephania is a light-loving plant and is commonly found in shrubbery areas of limestone montane forests.
– Stephania tree is very widely distributed, mainly in Asia, including some countries such as: India, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, China…
– In our country, Stephania is found concentrated in a few northern provinces such as Lao Cai, Lai Chau, Hoa Binh and Ninh Binh.
Because the tree likes light, it often grows at an altitude of several tens to several hundred meters on limestone mountains.
In the autumn and winter, when the content of active ingredients in Stephania tubers reaches the highest threshold, they are harvested and processed into medicinal herbs.
The tree’s flowering season is from April to June and the fruiting season is from August to October
1.4. Uses of Stephania tubers
Rotundin is an ingredient in Stephania tuber that helps sedation, eases sleep, supports and treats some neurological diseases such as nervousness, anxiety, fatigue, depression, insomnia, …
In addition, many clinical evidences show that Stephania tubers also have anticonvulsant, anti-coronary artery spasm, lower blood pressure, and regulate respiratory tract.
Active ingredients in Stephania Root also help strengthen the immune system, support the treatment of cancer, cardiovascular diseases. Some anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects are also recognized through clinical evidence.
2. Stephania extract
Stephania extract is extracted from Stephania Tubers that are harvested and processed entirely from organic herbs. Stephania extract retains the health effects from medicinal herbs and has more outstanding advantages such as high content of active ingredients, ensuring cleanliness and convenience during use and preparation.
The method used to extract dried medicinal herbs consists of two stages:
– Stage 1: Using suitable solvents to extract medicinal herbs. Stephania tubers collected from nature (raw medicinal herbs) are shaved off the outer skin, sliced, dried in the shade, then divided into specified sizes, warmed with a certain amount of solvent in a certain ratio, then extracted entirely by high-tech equipment.
– Stage 2: After obtaining the extract, filter it, then spray-dry to remove the granulation solvent with a moisture content of not more than 5%.
Stephania extract is produced in ISO 22000 certified factory with high quality and safe for users.
3. Product Information
Product Name: Stephania extract
Description: Gray white homogenous fine powder.
Dosage form: Powder, dried extract
Specification: 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg, 25kg
Solubility: good solubility in water
As suitable raw materials for dosage forms: nuggets, powders, effervescents, capsules, tablets, syrups
Taste: Mild bitter taste, characteristic medicinal smell
Biogreen is proud to be a supplier of high quality medicinal ingredients in Vietnam. We have products of concentrated medicinal herbs and dried herbal extracts, for customers to choose according to the purpose of use.